Best Uses of Augmented Reality in Education
Augmented reality (AR) is a technology that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user’s view of the real world, thus providing a composite view. AR has many potential applications in education, and some of the best usages include:
- Visualizing complex concepts: AR can be used to help students visualize complex concepts in a way that is more engaging and interactive than traditional methods. For example, AR can be used to show students the 3D structure of a molecule or the anatomy of a human body.
- Providing hands-on learning experiences: AR can be used to provide students with hands-on learning experiences that would not be possible otherwise. For example, AR can be used to let students experiment with virtual chemicals or to explore historical sites.
- Creating immersive learning environments: AR can be used to create immersive learning environments that allow students to interact with virtual objects and environments in a realistic way. For example, AR can be used to let students explore a virtual planet or to conduct a virtual science experiment.
- Personalizing learning: AR can be used to personalize learning by providing each student with the content and experiences that are most relevant to them. For example, AR can be used to let students learn at their own pace or to focus on the topics that they are struggling with.
- Making learning more fun: AR can be used to make learning more fun and engaging by adding a layer of interactivity and excitement. For example, AR can be used to let students play educational games or to solve puzzles.
These are just a few of the many ways that AR can be used in education. As the technology continues to develop, we can expect to see even more innovative and creative applications for AR in the years to come.
Augmented reality makes learning fun
Add your own augmented reality content (video, audio, 3D animations…) with a simple drag & drop from the ARGO editor to enrich the learning experience. Extremely playful, augmented reality, accessible from a dedicated mobile application or web browser, encourages memorization and comprehension. The little extra: you can update your additional content throughout the life of your documents, without having to reprint them: it’s up to you, your students will love it!