Augmented reality in the press and publishing
For the past 20 years, traditional media such as press and television have faced a significant decline due to younger audiences turning to streaming services and the Internet. This triggered a massive digital transition of the press in the form of websites, podcasts, and website banners.
How can we make traditional press appealing to Millenials, who are used to fast news and interactivity?
Augment traditional press with AR’s digital tools
Quite a few leaders in the press industry have already turned to augmented reality to enhance their products and keep up with today’s technological improvements.
Although the Internet is a popular channel of information, it is also saturated with advertising messages that act as diverting factors. It is easy to fall into an Internet rabbit hole, forgetting why we were surfing the web to begin with. With augmented reality, users can focus on what they were looking for by holding a physical newspaper that has been enhanced with targeted and useful multimedia add-ons. That way they can be more grounded and relaxed when they receive the information, but also be more receptive thanks to the multimedia dimension.
Thanks to augmented reality, it is now possible to merge multimedia content into printed materials.
Advantages of augmented reality for the press and publishing
- Offer exclusive content to attract new clients
- Illustrate texts with images and other digital add-ons
- Deliver personalized messages
- Engage audiences with interactive games
- Surprise readers and rejuvenate your image
- Profit from digital content by offering a new streaming channel
- Keep readers up-to-date on latest news and sporting results
- Improve memorization rate with an enhanced user experience
- Gather statistics for future campaigns and improve your return on investment